Government of New Brunswick


In the event of a workplace incident, employers and workers must complete a Form 67 and ensure the report is forwarded to WorkSafeNB within three days. If there is disagreement between you and your employer, you must still complete a Form 67 and forward it to WorkSafeNB immediately. Please note: you and your employer cannot agree not to report the accident.


Under the Workers' Compensation Act, an accident can be one of the following:
• a wilful and intentional act, not being the act of the worker who suffers the accident; or
• a chance event or incident occasioned by a physical or natural cause; or
• a disablement caused by an occupational disease; or
• a disablement or disabling condition; all arising out of and in the course of employment.


In the event of an accident, injury or industrial disease at your jobsite, you must:
Provide or pay the cost of immediate transportation from the injury site to a medical treatment facility.
Notify WorkSafeNB IMMEDIATELY to report the following incidents:
• A loss of consciousness
• Amputations
• Fractures (other than fingers or toes)
• Burns requiring medical attention beyond first aid treatment
• Loss of vision in one or both eyes
• Deep lacerations requiring medical attention beyond first aid treatment
• Worker admission to a hospital as an in-patient
• Fatalities
• Any accidental explosion or exposure to a biological, chemical or physical agent, whether or not a person is injured
• Any catastrophic event or equipment failure that results, or could have resulted in an injury

Immediate notification can best be made by calling 1 800 222-9775, indicating: the location; name of person injured, if applicable; employer name; contact person; and, brief description of the incident. This notification form will give you an idea of the information you will be asked to provide.

Contact Information Email Location
Saint John